12 November 2017

Paddling with the poet

Paddling Honey Hill, McClellanville, SC   
I had a last minute invitation Saturday night offering me a chance to join a kayak ride this morning and luckily I was able to accept. My friend English and I joined author and poet William P. Baldwin at his home in the village of McClellanville. He had just completed writing his morning poem before helping us loading our kayaks into his truck.

We put the kayaks in at Honey Hill. The colors were so beautiful I aimed my little pocket camera at the reflections as much as my surroundings. We did see birds, bullfrogs and a few gators. We paddled in perfect peace winding through the low branches and around cypress logs capping the morning off sitting outside in the village listening to local stories over sandwiches at Boats N Hoagies. I felt very fortunate.

Now, must we do this work week business in the morning?


No comments: